A taste of FAITH, a touch of LAUGHTER.
This was originally a Facebook post.
10 things you may not know about me…..
1. I had to be legally adopted, even though my Mom and my Dad were my birth parents.
2. I was born in a little place called Oakley, near Dunfermline, in Scotland which earned me the nickname of “Annie Oakley” or “Annie Get Your Gun”. (I got the guns later, in my 20’s, and learned how to shoot a rifle 😉
3. I learned how to do the Highland Fling and the Sword Dance as a little girl taking Scottish Dance lessons.
4. Growing up I had a crush on Cliff Richard and said I was going to marry him. Since (to my knowledge) he never married, I guess he’s still waiting for me….
5. I had my first date and first kiss at age 19.
6. I was going to be an art teacher but I became a primary (elementary) teacher instead.
7. I sold Filter Queen vacuum cleaners at the PNE in Vancouver in the 70’s and loved it.
8. In my hippy days, I lived in a communal house on West 1st in Vancouver and I knew how to roll a joint better than the best of them….
9. As part of my hippy journey, I hitchhiked across Canada on my own for the most part, living on a diet of peanut butter and those big Swedish crisp bread rounds, just so I could find out for myself how big Canada really was. I went skinny dipping at Medicine Hat on the way…….
10. I took Tae Kwon Do lessons in Gold River and Tai Chi lessons in Vancouver.
11. (Because it’s fun to break rules) My middle name starts with the letter “O” and I try never to tell anyone what it is because it was my other nickname as I grew up 😉