A taste of FAITH, a touch of LAUGHTER.
Day 2 of Proverbs, March 3, 2013
“1. MY son, IF you will receive my words and treasure up my commandments within you,
2. Making your ear attentive to skillful and godly Wisdom and inclining and directing your heart and mind to understanding [applying all your powers to the quest for it];
3. Yes, IF you cry out for insight and raise your voice for understanding,
4. IF you seek [Wisdom] as for silver and search for skillful and godly Wisdom as for hidden treasures,
5. THEN you will understand the reverent and worshipful fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of [our omniscient] God.
6. For the Lord gives skillful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7. He hides away sound and godly Wisdom and stores it for the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with Him); He is a shield to those who walk uprightly and in integrity,
8. That He may guard the paths of justice; yes, He preserves the way of His saints.
9. THEN you will understand righteousness, justice, and fair dealing [in every area and relation]; yes, you will understand every good path.
10. For skillful and godly Wisdom shall enter into your heart, and knowledge shall be pleasant to you.
11. Discretion shall watch over you, understanding shall keep you,
12. To deliver you from the way of evil and the evil men, from men who speak perverse things and are liars,” (Proverbs 2:1-12 AMP)
The promises in this reading are conditional. IF the son does certain things, the father tells him that THEN certain things will come to pass as a result of obedience. IF the son will listen attentively, seeking to understand, and apply instruction wholeheartedly, IF he will cry out to God for insight, IF he will seek God’s wisdom as if he was seeking silver, and search for it as if it was hidden treasure, THEN he will understand the fear of God and get to know God.
This tells me the real value of wisdom. I am to think of it as worth the same or even more than silver and hidden treasure. That earthly silver or treasure we get so excited about has no eternal value. It is transitory. I can’t take it with me when I leave this world.
The treasures of godly wisdom however are of an eternal nature and are priceless. This kind of treasure is hidden and has to be sought by those who choose to believe God and to walk through this life with Him. It is a protection, a shield, for the believer, against all kinds of evil.
I understand that as a child of God to my Father in heaven, that if I seek, find and avail myself of this wonderful treasure of His wisdom in my own life, it will enter my heart by the power of the Spirit of God to guide me and protect me in all aspects of life and every relationship. What a blessing! What a joy! What a privilege!
“20. So may you walk in the way of good men, and keep to the paths of the [consistently] righteous (the upright, in right standing with God).
21. For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the men of integrity, blameless and complete [in God’s sight], shall remain in it; (Proverbs 2:20, 21 AMP)
Amen and amen!
Thank You, Father!
❤ ❤ ❤